Chapter 3.2: Unexpected supporters

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Leo's diary

Claire does everything she can to be close to me in this sad moment. Maybe she doesn't know what it's like to be loved by a family, but in the time she lived here she had grown fond of my mom too.

Meanwhile, her belly is growing more and more... Even if I'm sad, I need to do my best to carry on. In any case, both Claire and the unborn child need me.

---------------------------------------------------

A short time later, I went to see Aster. I would like to spend more time with my brothers, but with Orion it's impossible to exchange much more than short emails nowadays. At least Aster still lives close enough to frequently visit each other, and also for helping him a bit from time to time.

At the moment he is undoubtedly much busier than I am, considering both his work and the twins. The more they grow, the more they look like Roberta, he was right.


Leo: (awkwardly) Ehm... hello.

Peter answered me with a raspberry, and then the little ones returned to focus on their game.

Aster: Say hello to uncle Leo, c'mon!

But the little ones, after giving me a bored look, just openly ignored me.

Aster: (resigned) I guess it's a bad day... Okay, it doesn't matter.
Leo: Well... It doesn't seem easy at all.

Will Claire and I also manage to do the same, being parents I mean, when our turn will come?

Aster: Don't worry, at first no one knows exactly what to do. But slowly you learn, you know?
Leo: That's probably right, yes.
Aster: By the way, Claire's due date is approaching, isn't it?
Leo: It's less than a month away, it's true.
Aster: Well, we can pass you all the onesie you want!
Leo: Thanks, really.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Less than a month later

Punctual as clockwork, the time of delivery has arrived.


Claire: Well, it really hurts...


Leo: I'm going to register you at the reception in no time, don't worry!
Claire: You should worry a little less, perhaps, I'm quite fine...



And so our son, Luke, was born. He looks so much like his mom, aren't they beautiful together?



Maybe Aster was right, after all. Even if it is exhausting as hell.

----------------------------------------------------------------
We barely had time to put Luke to sleep, and Claire ran into the courtyard to investigate a strange light she had seen from the window.


Claire: Don't tell me this is ...

I understood what was going on before her, and I didn't think twice before letting the beam pull me on that shuttle as well. This time Orion should have given us a very convincing explanation, to say the least!



Leo: (mad) What were you thinking? If you wanted to talk to us, you could at least let us know first!
Orion: It's risky also for us, if I brought you here it's for an important reason!


Claire: So this is Sixam? It's even more different from Earth than I thought!
Orion: As I imagined, this is your first trip here... Originally this place was much more like Earth than it is now, but now the only way to survive here is to keep these spacesuits on. You should see the snowstorms, crazy stuff...
Claire: Oh, so that's what these suits are for...

Leo: Orion, why did you call us here?
Orion: Straight to the point, huh?


Orion: We've been following the political situation, that guy dressed as a llama is a total clown. There is no way he can solve anything, nor could any of his opponents. (Vague) So we, here at Sixam, were thinking about supporting a different candidate.
Claire: And who?
Orion: It's funny that you ask, because we were thinking of you.


Claire: One second, you want me to enter politics!? At the moment I don't have the slightest support needed for it, even if I wanted to it would be just impossible.
Orion: We saw you started a fundraiser to support your cause.
Claire: Well, yes... But I just put together 10§.
Orion: If I were you I would check again, we have decided to make our donation too.
Claire: It won't be a few hundred § a ...
Orion: C'mon, we're not beggars! Add a few more zeroes!

Claire did not answer immediately, the news seemed to have left her speechless. Which seemed to be Orion's purpose, judging by the grin he greeted us with by saying:

Orion: think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment