Chapter 3.5: Lyra

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Leo's diary

Captain: Any progress with your investigation?
Leo: I would not say so, the leaders of that group are well hidden and none of their subordinates seems to be willing to collaborate with us. Also, they almost seem to fear their boss more than they fear us...
Captain: Then it might be time to start using telepathy for the interrogations, don't you think?
Leo: ... I'll take that into account.


Reading someone's mind forcefully is not easy, nor particularly pleasant. Also, in order to maintain my cover, I would also have to erase the suspect's memory, because using telepathic abilities would obviously compromise any possible disguise. My parents taught us how to do, but I can't say I have ever been particularly good at it, for sure Orion was the best one among us. Maybe I should practice a little before trying, just to be sure...

In addition, I also wonder if courts would be willing to accept information extracted by this method as evidence in a trial... No, whatever happens, I think this will remain my last resort.

For example, I don't think it will be necessary to use such drastic measures with this suspect...


He's swimming fully dressed as if it was normal, and he also seems to be in a confusional state. A few tricks in the interrogation should be enough to make him confess what he knows.




Meanwhile, at home, Claire is very busy with her job too. Her belly is now reaching a considerable size, but she doesn't want to let this small hindrance slow her down in her schedule.


These days she is taking a huge effort to describe her program to as many people as possible to seek support and voters. The more time passes, the more I have the impression that being a politician is a job that doesn't leave any free time, requiring a lot of focus and the ability to catch any opportunity.

In certain moments, however, not even she can hide the tiredness...




And the more time passes, the more I am convinced that Luke really has a great imagination. We often play together, and the stories he invents for his dolls are truly impressive.


He is also very diligent with his homework, even if he finds them tremendously boring.


Maybe we should take some time to help him with the school-related stuff, to find another way to explain what he's studying in a more appealing way. However, we really don't have enough time for it right now, in particular considering that he's about to get a little sibling...


Claire: Please don't freak out, but I think it's time...
Leo: Okay, don't panic... Let's just bring Luke at Aster's place and go to the hospital then...


And this is when Lyra was born. Could she have taken that blue colour from my father? Thinking about it, my parents had said a couple of times that when we were just born, both my brothers and I were that colour, which then gradually turned towards different shades during our first year of life. Alien genetics are pretty bizarre at times...


Needless to say, we're busier than ever. But little Lyra is just adorable, even her brother can't say no to that little face and spends a lot of time telling her stories. I think she is still too young to really understand them, but she seems to be having a good time anyway.


One step at a time, we are managing to put together a very happy family, don't you agree, my dear diary?



-----------------------------------------------------------

§HermioneSims§ corner:
Here I am, back from my work travel!

Also, I would like to point out that I really have not the faintest idea why Lyra came out of that strange colour, which is actually a shade of blue that no one else in the family has. I solemnly swear that the father is Leo, and so that all the birth process was quite glitchy this time I suppose it was a bug. So, as soon as she grows up, I'll throw a coin and choose a colour between her parents' ones (a bit like I had already done for the previous generation).
Aliens are just weird sometimes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment