Chapter 5.7: Graduations

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Cassy's diary

The last months of our last semester in college were really chaotic, we had to work hard every (and sometimes even at night) just to have everything done in time. 

It was a real grind, but our degrees were so close to make it impossible to lose sight of our goal, we were more determined than ever!


And then the day came, after so much studying it seemed impossible it really was over!


The three of us graduated with honours, and are now ready to move on with our lives! There are so many different possibilities awaiting me, I know that I will do everything possible to become an astronaut with Venus but for the rest I have not yet decided which path to take. I have the impression that I will miss university a lot, but the real discoveries awaiting to be made seem to be somewhere else, after all...

On the other hand, a certain someone else seems to have much clearer ideas than me about what they want for their future instead...


From Venus's diary

In recent months we've done nothing but study like crazy, focusing on our graduations, and today that we've really got there, I can't help but think that everything seems perfect. We are all here together to celebrate the successes of the past years, but it's impossible not to think that this will be our last day here at the campus, all together. 


Venus: Congratulations!
Steve: Congratulations to you too!

Steve and I had never seriously discussed what to do after graduation, there were a myriad of open roads in front of us.

But what we were sure of was that, whatever path we decided to take, we would have done it together.

Steve: Would you marry me?

We still didn't know where we were going to live or what we were going to do, but we had all the time in the world to think about it. At that moment, all I wanted to tell him was:


Venus: Of course I do!



And so we had arrived at the last night on campus, including our last soccer match and the last juice-pong game.


Venus: Are you ready for the last game of the year? 



Many things have happened and changed during our years in college. I'm sure Cassy would start listing all the things we learned in class until this point, but I think what made us grow the most were all those other things we've experienced over these years.


We certainly won't forget these years easily, but the time has come to look forward!


Next Chapter -->

---------------------------------------------------------

§HermioneSims§ corner
As you can see, the college years weren't too eventful for Cassy and Venus at the end. I find this part of the game quite demanding game-wise, so I didn't have much time for developing complex parallel subplots and these last few chapters were a bit linear and predictable for my tastes. But from now on I won't have lectures, exams and assignments to worry about anymore, and the matter will change quite a lot...

Because this is when my brain returned back to the old and good:

No comments:

Post a Comment