Chapter 6.14: Happy birthday to you, but also to her, to him and that other one

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Sirio's diary

The months went by, and our kids have been growing so quickly…


Helios by now is already staggering around the house to explore every corner. He's definitively a very curious child, that's for sure.


And also for Alba it's time to blow on some candles. She seems to have been born just yesterday, and instead starting from tomorrow she too will go to school and everything else.



Although at first glance she looked very similar to my side of the family, the more she grows the more her resemblance with Maki becomes evident. To say one, now she's also starting to grow a little hair on her head. I mean the real deal, not the fake hair we can grow by using a partial disguise. Her hair apparently stops growing after just a few centimetres, but this makes her even more unique, that's for sure.


The more time passes, the more her passion for singing is evident. I even started to strum with the guitar a bit, so that we can have some fun with music together.



Usually I prefer the violin, but to sing along with her the guitar is much better, we're having a lot of fun!


Alba remains very friendly with everyone, and often tries to play with her older sister as well. Lily is still pretending to dislike her, but in the end they always end up having a good time together. What if they were finally starting to grow closer?


Lily: Ha ha, I don't think you can make it this far without falling!
Alba: That's not true!


Alba: See?
Lily: Um…yeah, you're not too bad at this.

Although the children are growing quickly and becoming more and more independent, taking care of them remains a real challenge for me and Maki. Luckily Techna continues to help us whenever they can, I really don't know what we would do without them…


Techna: It's bedtime.
Helios: No!
Techna: I monitored your parameters, you are yawning with a frequency of 2.8 yawns per minute!


I can't say this for sure, because Techna remains the only entity I know I can't empathise with by using my telepathy. Yet, I have the strong impression they sort of like spending time with kids. Don't you agree, my dear diary?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A few weeks later, downtown restaurant


Maki: It's a really nice place, are you sure we can afford it?
Sirio: In the end, my job pays better than I thought.
Maki: Uhm…

Time may be passing, but our problems are still here. We earn just enough to get by with part-time jobs, and the first hearing of the new trial against Hotaru here in New Sixam is quickly approaching. And, even though Maki doesn't admit it, I also know that she still misses a lot Sim City and the more carefree life we had there. This is reflected in the dull and dark colours I still see around her, every time some new problem shows up.

Sirio: Slowly the situation will settle down, you'll see. 


Sirio: Would you like to take a walk around here, for example? This is a nice neighbourhood, there's a nice landscape.
Maki: Uhm… Okay. Let's see what you've in mind this time.



Lily: (whispering) Here they come… Stay away from that cake, okay Helios?
Helios: Cake!


Everyone: Surprise!
Maki: Oh, how nice!

Lily: You're surprised mum, aren't you?
Maki: (condescending) Of course yes, very surprised!


Everyone: Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!




Alba: Happy birthday, mum!
Maki: Thank you so much, honey!

It is clear that Maki was expecting it, she had probably already understood what we were planning when I asked her to go to the restaurant to give the others the time to organize this surprise, but we still managed to have a lot of fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------
A few weeks later, Miller's house

With the children we always do our best not to show any of our worries, but the more time passes the more difficult it becomes.
Especially Lily, who is not so little anymore, is starting to ask us more and more complicated questions that we won't be able to postpone for much longer...


Maki: Do you want to know about the trial? Honey, there's nothing to worry about, really.
Lily: But you haven't even explained to me yet why you're suing dad again!
Maki: Um…


Lily: At school there are many other children with divorced parents, but they see both mom and dad as often as they can! Why do you want to keep me away from dad at all costs, what did he do?
Maki: (struggling) … It's a complicated story. Honestly, I think it's still a bit early to tell you the whole story.
Lily: But I'm not little anymore!
Maki: I know, I know… I'll explain it to you shortly, don't worry.
Lily: Uhm…


Maki: Rather, I heard from Techna that they are almost done fixing your PlaySims, if I understand correctly they needed to change a fuse or something…
Lily: Oh, well, seriously did they fix it? Just in time!

Gradually, Lily seems to at least have found some hobby here in New Sixam. By now she spends a lot of time playing the most varied video games, and sooner or later everyone here in the house had a chance to get destroyed by her gaming skills. Yes, even Techna.
She is really good, there is little to say about it.


Maki: I'm pressing Y, but nothing happens!
Lily: Press X, X!
Maki: Okay, okay…


Lily: This part is a bit more difficult, do like me!
Maki: Wait a minute, you're too fast!

And, in order to have someone to play with, Lily even agrees to play with me. It's a small improvement, but until recently it would have been unthinkable to see her asking me to spend some time together in this way.


Lily: Are you sure you understand what to do?
Sirio: More or less yes, I think…


Lily: Ouch, what are you up to?
Sirio: Come on, why does it say “game over”? What did I do wrong?
Lily: You have to avoid the ghosts, don't run towards them!
Sirio: Ah.


Lily: You still have three lives, come on!
Sirio: They are so fast though...

----------------------------------------------------------------


And here I am cooking yet another cake. We've had so many birthdays lately, but the celebrations aren't over yet!


That's right, Lily's birthday also arrived. Soon she will be a teenager, will we manage to handle it?



At least for today she seems happy, don't you agree, my dear diary?



Erika: Does uncle really have to play the guitar?
Lily: Don't tell me…

Maki: Come here for a sec!


Maki: Happy birthday, honey!


Lily: Thanks mum!




Erika: Lily is always so grumpy...
Alba: Yes, it's really true. But I think she's just mad because she can't go back to Sim City, she always talks about how much funnier everything was in there.
Erika: Uhm, but you've been here for a long time now, haven't you?
Alba: Yeah, well… maybe she's just a little grumpy in general then. Yes, probably that's it.
Erika: Yes, maybe…


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
§HermioneSims§ corner

I could have exaggerated a bit with the number of things to do in this part of the legacy, everyone was always so exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment