Chapter 1.25: The end of a Generation

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Stuart's diary


Sylvia: Are you sure you're okay? No suspicious belly glowing?
Milo: Yes, I'm sure, I definitively don't feel pregnant at all!
Stuart: What other reason could they have to abduct you, then?

We just don't get why Milo was abducted like that, it doesn't make any sense. The incident was immediately reported to the alien authorities, Luna and Hermes contacted them well before Milo was sent back to attempt to localize that spaceship, but all their efforts were useless.

The most important thing is that Milo is fine, but I can't avoid being worried about this new mystery...


Luna: I don't understand, who could have done this? The pollinator units should all be dissolved by now!
Hermes: ... I heard some rumours, but...
Luna: What kind of rumours?
Hermes: Someone says that some aliens preferred to remain on Sixam rather than coming here and pretending to be earthlings. But there are no resources left in there, so someone had been speculating that they could have taken the old pollination units to raid what they need here, on the Earth.


Luna: This would sound too irrational for them... And why would they need to abduct people like my brother, then?
Hermes: (thoughtful) I don't find this explanation convincing either, something is missing.
Luna: And why aren't these rumours official? Why no one knows?
Hermes: (Shaking his head) I have no clues...


Both Luna and her friends are working hard to make the alien's integration among humans as smooth as possible, so I can understand why this kind of event can make them feel so frustrated. 

Luna started her internship at the local hospital a few weeks ago, she is one of the alien medics working all over the world to prevent their human colleagues to freak out when noting the newcomers' weird anatomic features. I also had the chance to talk with Hermes about his job: he recently started working as a journalist, he follows the progress in the aliens' relocation process and writes the related news in their newspapers. 
They are really working hard so that aliens can be able to live peacefully on Earth without friction with humans, and we are really proud of them.

Luna often tells us about her internship at the hospital: she is doing well, even if she still has a lot to learn.




I am so proud of her, just as I am of Milo. He's in his second year at college, and he's also getting good grades.

Milo seems to be spending more and more time with his (according to him) friend Noemi. She is a nice girl, but she just doesn't seem to get along well with the many felines at our place. It really is a shame, because talking to her I found out that she likes cats a lot, actually.



Noemi: ... By the way, is she always like that?
Milo: I'm sorry to say this but... Yes, she is. Mango, there is no need to attack every person who comes to visit us!
Mango: mh.....


Time passes, and I feel older and older. Sometimes I almost have the impression to see Nacho attacking strangers, jumping on his observation stop on the fridge or hissing against the vacuum cleaner. 




Sometimes this is a bit creepy, it almost feels like Nacho is inviting me to whatever place he went to. It wouldn't be that surprising either, as I wrote a few lines ago I'm getting quite old...



In retrospect, however, I wondered if it was Taco the one he wanted to call to him. Our little cat Taco, who has been dozing around our house since the day the neighbours left that little ball of fur at our place, left us this afternoon.


We were all so sad, we barely managed to exchange a few words of comfort before going to bed.


A few days later, I woke up in the middle of the night. I didn't know exactly what was happening to me, but I had a distinct impression that my time had indeed come. I felt so weak...



After all, I lived a satisfying life full of surprises, I didn't even feel too scared of the situation at that moment. Who knows, maybe it could be a chance to discover yet new things, it could be interesting... 

I'm only saddened by the idea of leaving my family, I would like to spend more time with me but, at the same time, I would want them to join me as late as possible. But I know that they are strong, they will manage. For now, all I can tell them is: farewell.

From Luna's diary

We all woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, dad suddenly collapsed to the ground and not even me and Sylvia managed to revive him. We all knew what had just happened, but none of us was ready to accept it.


Sylvia was inconsolable, I've never seen her so desperate in all my life. I mean, it is a normal reaction for her, but neither Milo nor I were able to help her at that moment.



I was so sad to glow with bluish light, but I didn't even care. I didn't have the strength to try to control my emotions and maintain a believable disguise at the moment.

It was still the middle of the night, but I was as sad as I had never been, I needed to talk to someone about it. Almost without thinking, I called Hermes and Ivy, now they are the closest people to me outside my family, they would have understood if I woke them up for something like this. Ivy never replied, who knows why, while Hermes didn't think twice before coming here.


Luna: Thanks for coming...
Hermes: Luna ...

Hermes always uses the fanciest words for describing anything to the minimum detail, but in that situation not even he knew what to say. And this is totally fine for me, in that moment what I needed the most was just a shoulder to cry on.



Hermes: (whispering) We should return indoors, if anyone saw you now they would notice the glow.
Luna: (whispering)... Yes, you're right.

§HermioneSims§ corner:
This was a really sad chapter to write, but I suppose that in a Legacy not involving immortal vampires I can't really avoid these parts...
This evidently is also the end of generation 1. From the next chapter onwards, the heir (i.e. the main character) will be Luna, I have a lot of interesting plans for her. But don't worry, Milo won't disappear from the story either!

5 comments:

  1. T.T Goodbye, Stuart. He led such an interesting and full life. Both the humans and the aliens owe him a lot. I’m glad that he was at peace at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your commnets and for reading! I was very fond of Stuart, I would never have been able to end this generation leaving him unhappy or unsutisfied about his adventurous life...
      Also because now it's time for the next generation to take charge of all the problems the Millers will be facing in the future, there are still 9 generations to go! ;)

      Delete
    2. Of course! I'm dreadfully slow with catching up but I enjoy reading the Millers =D Oh geez, that's right, legacies take 9 whole generations don't they? o.o I wonder what kind of challenges each of them will face...

      Delete
  2. RIP Stuart and Taco. I really enjoyed following Stuart's journey in Oasis Spring and Sixam. I'm glad to hear that Milo will stick around despite Luna being the heir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments! It's always sad when sims pass away, and Stuart being the founder of the legacy was probably the worse to me... Also because in TS4 the elder life stage seem so short in comparison...
      However, he was at least able to see a resolution of the attempt of alien invasion and he was also able to visit Sixam, so I would say he was at least serene when his time came.
      I would also say that Milo should probably consider himself lucky for not being the heir, many of my main characters tend to start to hate me in a quite short time... And probably Luna wasn't an exception either.

      Delete