Chapter 2.4: End and beginning

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Luna's diary



Sylvia: (softly) who is the cutest cat in the neighbourhood? Of course it's you, isn't it Nacho?


Milo: (puzzled) Have you said... Nacho? Mango may look a lot like him, but it's just her on the fridge right now.


Luna: (worried) Sylvia, who are you talking about? That cat is Mango, not Nacho!
Sylvia: (vague) oh, sure, if you say so it's probably right...
Luna: (cautious) Haven't you thought about doing a check-up at the hospital? You know, just in case...
Sylvia: Well, I don't think I need it, really.
Luna: ...

Sylvia was now very old, and her medical condition fully reflected it. Milo and I couldn't deny being worried about her, even though we knew there was not much to do at that point. At least she seemed to face the last phase of her life with serenity...

And, eventually, the inevitable happened: Sylvia left us just a few weeks later. I don't think it is ever possible to be ready for such an occurrence, even when expecting it...





Sylvia wasn't my real mum, as far as I know I might not have a mum at all. But she had always treated me and Milo exactly the same way, being with them it was easy to forget how different I was and to live peacefully...
Did I ever write in this diary that it was her job at the veterinary clinic that inspired me to study medicine? I will miss her very much, just like dad...


Hermes: Luna ...

Hermes does everything he can to be close to me in such a moment, but I don't think he fully understands what I feel. He didn't really have a family like mine, he grew up with his father alone and didn't have a good relationship with him.

Luna: ...
Hermes: I hate to repeat myself, but we should really return indoors. The neighbours could notice the glow...

Damn blue glow, can't I even feel sad without the worry to be discovered?



Luna did not write anything in her diary for a couple of months, until the moment when she received completely unexpected news.


Today Milo invited me to his house, he said he had to tell me something important. I hadn't heard from him for a few days, so I really didn't know what to expect.


Milo: Hi Luna! How are you?
Luna: ... a little better, maybe. What did you want to tell me?
Milo: Well, in short...

Milo looked completely different from the last time we spoke. I could sense he was still sad, but he was also undoubtedly excited about something. 


Milo: Well... Noemi is expecting a baby!
Luna: (amazed) What? Seriously?


Noemi: Surprise!

Well, they really surprised me, I can't deny it!

Milo seemed to approach the situation with the right spirit, despite everything he was looking forwards. They already looked like a family, don't you agree my dear diary?


Noemi: are you okay, Luna?
Luna: ... sure, why are you asking?
Noemi: (perplexed)  It's weird, you almost seem to be glowing, you know?
Luna: ... What, glowing? That wouldn't make sense, most likely it's just some trick with the light.
Noemi: Or maybe I should just clean my glasses. How would be possible for a person to glow, after all?
Luna: ...

At that point, Milo found an excuse to bring me outdoor and talk alone with me. Noemi was about to notice that something was off with me, and he didn't want me to erase any of her memories, I guess.


Milo: You are really glowing a lot tonight, if Noemi wasn't so tired she would have noticed this time...
Luna: Don't worry, I don't want to use telepathy on her either. I'm returning back home. 


A few months later, when I was working a night shift, I caught a glimpse of Milo and Noemi hurrying to the hospital reception, their son (or daughter) was about to be born. Look at Milo's face, he was so worried!


They had a beautiful baby girl, we are still debating on whether she looks more like her mum or dad. They called her Celine, let me introduce her, my dear diary.


§HermioneSims§ corner:

These transitional chapters where the protagonists of the previous generation pass away are so sad to write ;( 
Just to avoid to write again several sad chapters in a raw, I decided to leave a few months in Luna's diary empty instead. I mostly did this choice because I find it very difficult to write such sad chapters without getting sad myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment