Chapter 2.14: New Life

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Luna's diary

Many things have changed since we moved here, but some others will never change. Isn't it, Dr F.?

We arrived here at the end of the summer. The new school year begins early here, and the boys are already overwhelmed by their homework. Apparently their new school is quite difficult, I've never seen them so focused before.

They chose the new names to show on their new fake IDs by themselves. Leo is now Leonard, Orion has decided to be called Orson and Aster has chosen Alex as his new name. According to the documents, they are all twin brothers, so we won't have to justify why Aster is younger than his siblings by just a few months. We also hope that this detail will help us to muddle the waters and not get noticed by the police.


Hermes immediately started jogging around the new town, whatever happens he always remains the most athletic among us. He continues to work as a journalist, this time for the newspaper owned by that friend of his who helped us to move here. They have to keep a low profile, but they also keep doing their best to stop the misinformation spread by Mr. S and his party.
Here he decided to sign himself with the name Eric.


On the other hand, I'm a primary doctor at the local small clinic. I'm astonished by the similarity of all the hospitals and clinics in this Country, sometimes it's hard to tell this is not the same hospital I used to work in before! Probably the person who designed these buildings was not very creative.


Here I'm known as Dr. Lucy Mills and, even though I am now at the lead of a whole ward, I feel a lot like when I started this career. After all, before we decided to reveal ourselves to humans for what we are by abandoning our disguises, my job already consisted in treating aliens and forging documents to hide them from the human authorities.


In this area the aliens who have kept or who have returned to wear a disguise seem particularly numerous, but none of them was a medic. That's the main reason we received so much help with the fake IDs and in moving here in secret, they need altered medical certificates to be able to maintain their cover. And, to help my family, I am willing to do this and much more.

Here the staff seems to be reduced to the bone, they even asked me to follow the delivery of this lady. I can understand she was uncomfortable and in pain, but in some moment she really sounded a bit presumptuous to me.


Patient: Hurry up, this bed is so uncomfortable!
Luna: The machine is almost ready, you don't need to rush me.
Patient: As if you wouldn't complain the same way at my place, do you at least have any child?
Luna: Tw ... a triplets, to be precise.

At least that way I was able to gain some time to do my job.


She gave birth to a baby girl, and they are both doing great now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Back home


Apparently, Aster found an old easel in some of the moving boxes, I'm quite sure it was some old present for Winterfest. He seems to enjoy painting quite a lot, and he's spending quite a lot of time on this new hobby of him.


His paintings are a bit, how to say, simple, but I'm sure he will improve soon.


Leo and Orion, on the other hand, are exploring the surroundings a bit, here for example they found a park with chessboards near our new home.




I have the impression that Orion was cheating, but I'm still quite sure that Leo won that game, eventually.

Here, at this time of the year, locals also seem to celebrate the end of summer altogether. We had never had any similar festivity at Oasis Spring, who knows why. Speaking about our old town, it's amazing how hot it is this far north today, it's almost as bad as it was in the desert we used to live in before.

The neighbours in this town had organized a party at some old ruins, which we all attended. On the one hand we were curious to see it, but on the other hand we also think that it is important to us to start to meet and befriend our new neighbours.



We had fun around the fire, until it got too hot... And, at that point, everyone rushed to start a battle with water balloons! 


This Windenburg is not bad, after all,  I think we will be happy here. Don't you agree, my dear diary?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
§HermioneSims§ corner

Hi everyone, I hope you're enjoying your read! ;)
I'm here to write a little note about the new fake names the Millers are using as part of their new identities. On the one hand, you could think that a cover name such as "Lucy Mills" instead of "Luna Miller" could not be the most effective, and you would be technically right. On the other hand, even I would struggle to remember their fake names if they were too different from their original ones. That's why everyone has new names quite similar to their original ones, in this way you can guess who I'm writing about even without actually remembering them.
Also, the Millers in their diaries will continue to refer to themselves by their real names, so the fake ones will be rarely used in those few instances in which, for example, someone has to call them by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment