Chapter 2.16: Erasure

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Luna's diary

The boys seemed suspiciously quiet tonight after their scout group gathering. We tried to ask them what happened, but all three avoided answering us. Especially Leo and Orion look troubled, and spent most of the night whispering with such serious expressions on their faces. I don't know what happened to them, but I'm sure we would be better to keep an eye on them from now on...


Orion: (whispering) That girl is way too weird, and dangerous. We should stay away from her as much as possible, and find some excuse to leave that scout group.
Leo: (whispering) But ...
Orion: (whispering) You’re not thinking you can help her, are you? What you found out complicates the situation enormously, not even you can deny it.
Leo: ...


Leo: (to change the subject) What's that noise?
Orion: It's the cat, I guess.
Leo: Let's go check on her, then.


The feline cycle of life continues, also Amazonia has had a kitten. We decided to call her Kiwi, and Hermes in particular seems so happy with her.



------------------------------------------------------------------

Winter is upon us, once again it's time for the harvest festival. Today Orion was the first to wake up, and also the first to find himself in front of those strange garden gnomes that always invade our house during this holiday. Yes, my dear diary, apparently they followed us all the way to Windenburg.


Orion: Seriously? Here too?




Orion: Get out of our kitchen!


Orion: C'mon, for how much longer are you planning to spawn like that?


Aster: Hey, are you the one who is making the gnomes mad? If you go on they will start breaking stuff around the house, you know?
Orion: Breaking what? They are just garden gnomes, that's imposs...


Orion: Damn...

We usually celebrated with the whole family, including Milo, Noemi and Celine. This time, however, we decided to celebrate on our own, we were so comfortable that many of us were still wearing our pyjamas. I'm also learning how to cook a roast turkey worthy of the name, I'm so sorry Milo can't be here and taste it too, he would be very surprised.


Luna: Come on, everyone at the table! If you don't hurry Amazonia will brush all the turkey!


Hermes: Guys, you've been strangely quiet for a while. Did something happen at school, or with the scouts?
Leo: ... No, nothing important.
Luna: Couldn't you tell us, even if it's not a big deal? You are making us worry!

But the boys just suddenly frowned and turned to the other side, it's the first time that happens. We can't force them to talk to us about their problems, but sometimes I really wish we could.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
From Leo's diary

Despite everything, today we all returned to the scout group gathering. Orion totally disagreed and kept repeating it was a stupid idea, and probably he is right. But, after noticing the alien glow in Claire, I can't help but want to know more about her.



Aster instead didn't say anything about the matter, at this point both me and Orion are quite sure that he is just distracted by someone else.


Claire: What's wrong with your brother Orson? He looks so grumpy tonight!

What could have been the life of a little alien grown at Mr S. house? Claire never openly talks about her family, but it is so easy to imagine which could be the reason why she hates her father so much.

Claire: (Determined) Well, it doesn't matter. It's starting to get cold, it's time to light the fire and make us dinner!

She glows very often, of the most diverse colours. I don't think she has ever learned from some other alien how to avoid it, otherwise I really can't explain this characteristic of her.


Roberta: C'mon everyone, the hot dogs are ready, it's dinner time!


Claire: Well, you heard Roberta, we should go.

I know I shouldn't have risked exposing myself at any cost. However, seeing her ignoring again her glow, I didn't want anyone else to notice it and denounce her either. Alien disguises remain illegal after all and, ironically, it was her father the one who introduced that law. I don't want her to get troubles for something so trivial, that's it. 

Leo: (cautiously) If you didn't notice, you're glowing again. Returning to the others like this, at night, everyone would immediately notice it. 

Claire seemed a bit surprised by what I had just said, but she was very good at remaining calm and just answer back to me:

Claire: Well, you seem to know aliens quite well. That's for sure.
Leo: (cautiously) Everyone knows you glow, by time to time.
Claire: You also seem surprisingly calm, for someone who just found out a disguised alien...
Leo: ...


Claire: I think I have an idea of how you managed to understand so much so quickly, you know?
Leo: (Cautiously) What do you mean?


Claire: Well, just look at yourself. You're glowing too, didn't you notice, Leonard?



Orion: I told you it was a horrible idea, didn't I?


Leo: W-wait, what are you doing?
Orion: What you should have done at least 10 minutes ago. I'm erasing her memory.

Having said that, Orion left Claire behind him, visibly confused, grabbed me by the arm and dragged me away. On the way he also called Aster, he was in a hurry to leave.


Orion: You are such an idiot! Of all people, why did you have a crush on her?

-------------------------------------------------------------

§HermioneSims§ corner:

Sul sul everyone! In this part of the story I'm really feeling like I'm rushing the development too much, but I'm obliged to do so because the boys will age again in a couple of sim-days and I don't have the time for introducing all the things I had initially in mind. Story-wise I would prefer to have more time to have a more natural evolution of the events, but this is a legacy and the tight time constraints are part of the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment