Chapter 4.6: Two little explorers

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Luke's diary

The following few months were very sad for us all. Unexpectedly and inexorably, at first my parents, and then uncle Orion, uncle Silas and then also uncle Aster, passed away. 

Misty and I were busy looking after Venus and Cassy at this time, but we can't help but regret all the time we weren't able to spend with them...


Now Lyra is living alone in the large house where we used to live together with our parents. If possible the situation is even worse for her, the sudden loneliness makes it harder than ever to cope with the situation.



I know I need to be strong, at least for the sake of our daughters, but it's not easy at all...



§HermioneSims§ corner: All the members of the previous generation really passed away in a few days, all off-screen, It was so depressing... I remain of the idea that in TS4 sims get old and die too quickly, it's impossible to have a good generational gameplay without cheating. 

Anyway, understandably Luke & co will be very sad for a while, but I don't want to get sad with them because it's very depressing also for me. So the diary will restart about six months later from this point, when they are starting to recover and return to focus on their future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

About six months later

The girls are growing more and more, learning something new every other day.

When people hear that they are twins, they are always expecting them to look and behave the same. Instead, they couldn't be more different.

Venus is by far the more sociable of the two, if it were up to her she would spend whole days stammering whatever is passing through her mind and asking us to read her stories. She also really likes cuddles and to play with the unicorn puppet in their bedroom.



Cassy, ​​on the other hand, is much quieter. She likes to explore every square inch of the house and play with shapes and constructions.


Meanwhile, Misty already returned back to work full time, and now she is the one training the new recruits.


She is understandably always very tired when she returns back from work, yet she never says no to our girls when they want to play or spend time with her.


Misty: Ready to take off?
Cassy: Yeeeeh!
Misty: And now it's your turn, Venus, get ready!



Recently I haven't written a single line of the new book instead. The situation at home is often quite chaotic, I just have other priorities right now.


And then, whenever I somehow manage to sit in front of my computer, the little girls always ask me to write some other adventure about their two favourite space explorers.

Luke: Another story? Where do you want them to go this time?
Cassy: The sun!
Luke: Um, let me think...


Luke: ... and so, little Cassy and Venus took their unicorn spaceship heading to the Sun...
Cassy: Yeah!

They both love these stories about space, even when we have guests at home they hardly talk about anything else.


Lyra: (confused) What? A trip to Mars!
Venus: Yes! Story!
Luke: They are talking about the stories I read to them before sleeping.
Lyra: (puzzled) Okay...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Lyra's crusade to improve the fashion sense of us sixamians advances inexorably. Now even the TV news is starting to talk about her, I have to admit being surprised by it.


Misty: ... if you pay attention, you can already see quite a few people in town who are following her suggestions.
Luke: What, seriously?
Misty: (amused) Your sister is right about this, you just don't notice these things!

Lyra is keeping to visit us quite often. She hasn't played with our daughters even once, I think she is just nostalgic about the old good days when she could gossip with Misty whenever she wanted to. 


Lyra: Ehi Misty, are you at home?


Misty: Good evening, ma'am! 
Lyra: (laughing) C'mon, I'm not a sergeant! 
Misty: I'm just back from work, you know.

Lyra: Rather, I have a crazy thing to tell you! You would never guess what happened!
Misty: (curious) Wow, really? 
Lyra: Yes! It started a few weeks ago, I was at the restaurant, and...

A very long story about Lyra's last few weeks followed, she seemed too excited to keep it to herself any longer.  Of course Misty told me everything the same night and, in my understanding, something like this should have happened:


Host: Why should we keep paying a waiter like you, all you do is break dishes! As far as I'm concerned, you're fired!
???: Hey, wait, I...

Lyra said to have followed the situation with curiosity, and then she decided to approach that guy to understand what had just happened.


Lyra: Are you okay? What happened?
???: Didn't you hear what he's just said? He just fired me, that's what.

Lyra was working hard these days, and she was starting to realize that she needed help if she wanted her fashion advice to leave a mark. She needed someone with a good sense of style, someone who could be a model for her new clothes. And that unemployed boy just seemed to fit what she had in mind.

Lyra: What's your name? I'm Lyra, I'm a fashion designer.
???: Ah, that's where I had already seen you, you're everywhere on the internet! I'm Nick, nice to meet you.
Lyra: (vague) ... What about having dinner together? I have a couple of questions for you.



Nick: What? Become a model? I never thought about it, you know?
Lyra: I like your style, I think we could come up with some good ideas by working together.

There have been studies on this, apparently telepathy makes the evolution of relationships much faster for us Sixamians. After all, when emotions are strong enough to make us glow, it becomes really difficult to hide what we really feel. The same probably happened to Lyra and that new friend of hers, as they apparently entered into a clearly non-professional relationship less than a week after that first encounter.



Misty decided to invite them both to dinner a few days later, after such a story she was very curious to meet this Nick in person. We all know that Lyra is not at all a reserved person, so no one was surprised when she gladly accepted the invitation.


Nick: ... and that's it.
Luke: You really talk a lot, you know?
Lyra: Don't be rude, c'mon!


Lyra: You see, Nick, as I told you my brother Luke is really grumpy and boring sometimes.
Luke: Now you're being the rude one, don't you think?

Cassy: Hi!


Lyra: Ehm... hi to you too.
Cassy: Cake!
Lyra: ... uh ...
Nick: You can take some of my cake, don't worry!
Cassy: Yeeeeh!
Misty: you really want to spoil her, huh?

Unlike Lyra, Nick seems to go along very well with our kids, he played and talked with them all evening.


To Lyra's delight, both Venus and Cassy have already unanimously elected him as their favourite uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment