Chapter 1.2: The FutureSim Labs

 <-- Previous Chapter

Dear diary, finally here I am! FutureSim labs are opening their doors to me!


Doesn't this place seem majestic and top-secret at the same time? We also have the barbed wire and the guards at the entrance, who knows why.

Apparently, these laboratories are extremely multi-disciplinary: my bosses expect me to do chemical analyzes, to work at the microscope, to invent new strange devices and so on. It is not easy for me: after all, I have only dealt with astrophysics and observation of non-solar planets up to now, for Jupiter sake!


I'm pretty sure this is called Erlenmeyer flask. Or was it a Schlenk one? It's been so long since the general chemistry class... 

Yet I'm sure I had a great idea! Don't you think too that cooking is just a great waste of time? Wouldn't it be easier to have all the nutrients you need in just one serum, drink it, and get on with your day?


I'm not sure if those sparks are a good sign, what reaction could be causing it? And now who is brave enough to test this serum? For sure I'm not drinking it...

The invention constructor is far more congenial to me. Whoever invented this machine that assists us in the construction of all our projects are true geniuses, that's for sure! I'd love to meet them someday.

The machine also has a very respectable AI. It's actually quite funny too, you know, my dear diary?


Today we invented something simple but at the same time brilliant, take a look!


A momentum conserver, look at how it spins! It may not be perpetual motion, but it comes very close!


The laboratory also has an admirable telescope, I can't wait to be able to have a night shift to be able to use it properly. I also noticed that it has an absurd resolution in comparison with the size of the mirrors, it would be very interesting to give a look at the projects they used to build it.


Finally, to close the day, my engineering colleagues also showed me the rocket they're working on! I don't know about rockets in general, but doesn't it seem to you that this one is extraordinarily compact? Do they really plan to reach the space with this? The questions are piling up already but, for today, they just let me screw in some bolts.


My new colleagues are quite bizarre, sometimes I can't fully understand them. And I also have the impression that they are hiding something from me, maybe they still don't trust me enough to share all their projects with me?

Well, that's not my problem, I have work to do as well. Today I was asked to build a quite strange tool, let's see if I can do it...


Compact, handy and powerful. Sounds like a good combination, don't you agree? All it remains is to test this new invention.


Stuart
: Hey, have you ever heard of a Sim Ray?
Colleague: ray-what? And what should it do?
Stuart: It should cool you down a little, in theory.
Colleague: ah.
Stuart: I still have to test it, would you mind helping me?
Colleague: (worried) what? Hey, wait a minute, that's probably more powerful than y...



Wow, that's really powerful! I didn't expect it to freeze him like this, the heat pump in the device shouldn't have been so efficient. I will have to do some calculations, is such a thing even possible?

In the meanwhile, it'd probably be better to remove it, I don't think it's good for him to stay under all that ice...


Stuart: Sorry, this wasn't expected...

-----------------------------------------------


And so the first few days at the FutureSim Labs have passed. It's definitely the strangest laboratory I've ever worked in, who knows what else will happen... I don't really know what to expect at this point. But I'm sure everything will be fine, isn't it, Dr F?


Next Chapter -->

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how brave/willing Stuart is to immediately test out his inventions. I hope he's able to progress quickly and get some paint on the walls and some windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuart was a bit like a kid in a toy store with this chapters, all those powerful inventions are tickling his intellect for sure...

      Delete
  2. Woops, don't go freezing your colleagues, Stuart! I hope he was able to thaw him back out, haha. The science career is a lot of fun to play around with.

    ReplyDelete