Chapter 1:4: Nacho


Stuart: Hey, were you cheating or something?
Sylvia: (laughing) no cheating! You're the one who got distracted, that's all!

Today I met Sylvia again, she was playing chess alone in the park. What could I do if not join her for a chess game then?


Sylvia: So, have you found out something new about those aliens in your lab?
Stuart: (thoughtfully) Since I arrived, I haven't heard of them even once.
Sylvia: yet that's what you do, right? Research on extraterrestrial life forms!
Stuart: Well, in theory, yes. But, in practice, I still haven't figured out exactly what all the work we do is for.


Sylvia: I keep thinking that there is something shady about that place, what is the barbed wire for, for instance?
Stuart: ...
Sylvia: couldn't you just ask your colleagues?
Stuart: As if I hadn't tried it yet... But they just refuse to explain anything!

Sylvia is really a strange girl, no doubt about it. She's bright and curious, to begin with, and she's certainly not the kind of person who stops at appearances.

Sylvia: (suspicious) but what are exactly your work tasks in there?
Stuart: I don't think I can talk about this, even the brand of toilet paper in the bathrooms is top secret in there.

Having said that I took my queen, moved her two squares to the right and...

Stuart: checkmate!


Sylvia: wait, it's not possible!
Stuart: This time it was you who got distracted, I guess.

The match lasted longer than expected, and I hadn't even noticed that small crowd that started following us. Probably, there isn't much else to do around here.

In any case it was getting late for the both of us, so we just left the chess table and headed back home. I was about to say "goodbye", when she asked me another question:


Sylvia: Stuart, can I ask you a favour?
Stuart: Sure, no problem.

I've already written that Sylvia is a veterinarian, haven't I? Well, she asked me to help with a stray cat at the harbour next to her vet clinic. She says it's a big and furry cat looking very sad all alone in there, and she said she needs some help at taking him to her clinic.


Stuart: honestly, I'm not very good with cats...
Sylvia: don't worry, it will be easy! Oh, look, he's over there!


Indeed, a big and furry cat was dozing in the middle of the dock. To me he seemed to be doing quite well, but she just didn't agree with me on this.

Sylvia: let's try to approach him, come on!


As if it was easy, the big cat didn't seem particularly willing to be bothered during his afternoon nap.

Sylvia: try to hand him some food, surely he will love it!

Still a little hesitant, I did as she said.


Stuart: Well, he seems to have changed his mind a little, that's true.


Sylvia: you see what a good boy he is?

She immediately managed to pick him up, did she really need my help for this?

I don't remember exactly what happened after that. I must have been distracted for a moment, that's the only possible explanation... Quite often I just lose my train of thought when she's around, to be honest. 

The point is that now I have a cat who lives with me in my dump-home. I'll introduce him to you, my dear diary, his name is Nacho.


He doesn't seem very convinced about it either.
I guess I'll have to be more careful next time...


____________________________________________________________________________________________

§HermioneSims§ corner
Can I just open a small parenthesis on the impressive expressiveness of Nacho the cat?




The moment I saw him I just thought: "I want him in my Legacy NOW". XD

3 comments:

  1. Nacho is a great name lmao. Also Slyvia's spunk and prying nature is so endearing. She's so keen on the lab that I wouldn't be surprised if she beat Stuart to solving the mystery. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Slyvia. She's pretty and nice. And now there's Nacho too! I bet Stuart isn't the only scientist/physicist who is confused about what they do and what their colleagues do at work. I'm sure Stuart will get to the bottom of it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Nacho is adorable. Sylvia definitely seems to have planned that one. I like her. She's curious, talkative and a cat person, too! Everyone watching their chess match because there's nothing else to do made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete