Chapter 1.13: Reaserching

 <-- Previous Chapter

Nacho insists on sleeping on top of our fridge, watching over the messy chaos we are getting used to live in every morning. It seems easy to be a cat, isn't it?


By now I think to have started to get into the rhythm of my new life as a parent, and somehow I'm managing to save enough energy for my job. I still have a lot to discover in those labs, every day I'm more convinced of it.


I'm starting to think that I should have understood something was off in this lab since the very first day. I mean, have you seen what entrance too, didn't you, my dear diary? What could this huge stone mean?

By now all the human scientists in the lab seem to be aware of the alien activity in there, so they are not even trying to hide from us anymore. This finally confirmed that some of them were hiding among us, pretending to be some other scientist working here. They all look like adults, which means that (if Earth colonization really started about 10 years ago) none of them could be born here.


In any case, their camouflage technique is really impressive, so far I had never suspected any of them. Could it be the reason why my colleagues seemed so reluctant to explain everything to me? Did they want to make sure no hidden aliens were listening to us?

On top of this, I also noticed that the first one in this lab talking to me about the alien activity was, in reality, one of those aliens in disguise. He told me: "Those aliens have a deal with our government, they teach us how their technology works and, in return, we give them resources", and I believed him at the time. But now all I can think of is: "What if that was just another attempt to cover their real plans?"

In the few moments we were sure to not be listened, I and a few human colleagues discussed about it, and they seem to agree with me. Furthermore, we observed that all the choices taken in this lab could be, ultimately, be traced back to some alien in disguise, demonstrating they are the ones ruling this lab. No trace of government intervention was ever gathered, instead. 
It's becoming more and more difficult to discuss safely these topics among us, but we are seriously starting to think that those aliens are just waiting for a good chance to overthrow our government, to conquer us.


I'm wreaking my brain for solutions, and I believe my colleagues are not wrong: right now we are unable to stand up to aliens, but by learning how their technology works we may learn things that are currently inaccessible to us. It won't be easy, alien technology is light years ahead of ours... But I haven't given up yet!


For starters, the aliens have left us the blueprints for this machine, it is used to duplicate objects. It seems to use a stock or raw elements, which can be recomposed into the target object. 
Could it work on people too, I wonder?


I also found the instructions for upgrading the simray to oblige others to do what I want, it seems to be acting on brainwaves in a similar manner to their telepathy. 
At the moment I can only make them to change their clothes or tidy up the room, but I feel that the real potential of this tool is much greater than this.

But the most thrilling device remains this one. It's such a pity to have to work on this under such circumstances, it would have been so exciting to learn about any little detail of it...


This is a black hole generator. Aliens don't travel from a star system simply by propelling their spaceships and encompassing the whole distance, not even they have found a method to overcome the limits dictated by the theory of relativity preventing them from exceeding the speed of light. But they got around the problem altogether, inventing a way to open wormholes and creating shortcuts to connect any couple of positions in the universe in an instant with what, in all ways, seems to be a teleport machine. I guess it works by distorting the spacetime in a controlled manner, allowing to move people and goods across the universe in a fraction of second. 

It sounds like some sci-fi movie, how does it work? And does it respect the law of conservation of energy? And, above all, how could we exploit it for our purposes? 
We have so much to work on, the solution is somewhere in all these hyper-technological devices, I know it...


No comments:

Post a Comment