Chapter 1.12: Mimicry

 <-- Previous Chapter

Luna is growing fast, now she can walk around the house by herself. She also seems to get along well with Nacho, don't you agree, my dear diary?


What's the neighbour's cat doing here, you might be wondering? According to Sylvia, his owners went on vacation and asked her to take care of their beloved feline for a few days. Apparently, his name is Meow.


Milo is finally starting to act friendly with her. Babies don't have prejudices, so he doesn't seem to be bothered at all by his little sister's pale green complexion.


Sylvia: I think she would like to go out, and to meet other people. But what could we do, anyone would spot her in a fraction of second!
Stuart: my colleagues say they are able to blend in with the host species, but I don't know how to teach her...

I haven't finished talking yet, when little Luna had closed her eyes for a moment, for taking a completely different appearance the next moment.


Sylvia: (surprised) Oh! 


If aliens really imitated the appearance of the individuals around them, Luna seemed to have done her best to look as similar to Sylvia as she could. Seeing us like this, no one would ever doubt that she was our daughter too.


With that look, she seemed a completely normal little girl, to the point that we too sometimes forgot the fact that, in reality, she was green, with pointy ears, and ... no, I don't think that I will ever be able to forget that I was the one giving birth to her, that would be too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment