Chapter 2.7: The family grows

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Luna's diary


Papaya is growing quickly, now she has become a beautiful tiger cat. Finally a feline which is easy to distinguish, I would add.


TV: New protests today in the capital, the population asks to know the truth about those aliens who have suddenly revealed themselves among us. Anger and distrust emerge from the posters waved by the demonstrators, who...


Luna: Just as expected, isn't it?
Hermes: Sooner or later they'll get over it, or at least I hope so.

We decided to be patient with earthlings, we don't think they are entirely wrong to fear us. They have discovered that they have been deceived by our disguise for years and are now scared of what we might be capable of, after all. It will probably take time for everyone to accept the new situation.

But this is not the only reason why I and Hermes managed to follow the evolution of the news with such detachment, what we have in mind at the moment is much more important to us. We haven't told anyone yet, my dear diary, but we are planning to expand our family.

It took us a while, but finally I had some good news: I was expecting a baby!


Luna: Hermes, we did it! The test is positive!
Hermes: (excited) Seriously?


But we didn't know yet that that would not have been the only life-changing event of the day. That night, we went to sleep euphoric with the news, but we fell asleep pretty quickly nonetheless. But just a few hours later I woke up due to a strange light, I looked out the window and I just to see this:



Luna: (alarmed) Hermes, are you okay?
Hermes: (confused) ... I think so. Probably...

We immediately contacted the old police force of the Elders' Council, but we found the number to be inactive. We were so panicked to not be able to think straight anymore, it should have been obvious... With the Elders' Council all the aliens' infrastructures and administration were gone, and we hadn't been able to set up a new one yet. 

Suddenly, we realised that we aliens were ruleless at that moment, anyone among us could have been able to use any spaceship as they pleased and break any of the rules we had followed for so many years. 


And this was not even the most urgent of our problems...


That was a still active pollinator unit, for all the brainwaves! Ruleless or not, why is someone still piloting one of those, the pollination program ended almost ten years ago! Do they find it funny or what? Unbelievable...

Hermes was comprehensibly worried by his condition, and so am I. We were planning to have children, but isn't this a bit too sudden?




Luna: (thoughtfully) so we will have two pregnancies, about four months apart one from the other... It won't be easy, but I think we can get away with it.

We were both born in that same way, so from a medical standpoint we aren't too worried about Hermes being pregnant too. Still, Hermes can't avoid feeling violated by that action, and we can't avoid thinking about our fathers, and the way they both had to face the same situation without even understanding what was happening to them.

 We have many thoughts and worries at the moment, and the worst one probably is...

Hermes: They have started to report similar cases on national TV, mostly among humans. I would really want to know who decided to act this way, because this could only make our relations with humans even more difficult...

All words seemed empty and useless in that moment, so we just ended up hugging tightly.


The aliens' community would have really needed someone standing up and stopping those few and isolated individuals from spreading the chaos among the earthlings, but for once we thought that we didn't need to be those people. We are about to have two kids after all, and we decided to focus on this for the moment.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hermes: Hey Celine, do you know that soon you will have a lot of little cousins ​​to play with?
Celine: Playing!
Milo: C'mon honey, let's say hello also to aunt Luna!


Milo: I didn't expect this, did they really abduct and pollinated Hermes too? 
Luna: Yes
Milo: (Astonished) But why? You are aliens too, it doesn't make any sense!
Luna: That's a good question, no one seems to know who's behind all those abductions in the last few weeks... We suspect it could be some deranged person, someone seeking chaos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, both our bellies are growing at a rapid pace, especially mine is really huge! Of the two, however, it is Hermes who complains the most. I can't blame him, there are a number of anatomical reasons why this is harder for him to bear than for me.


The other day he also told me that he dreamed of my father. In the dream they discussed the condition of a pregnant male, I can't deny having found it funny and worrisome at the same time...


Meanwhile, our oldest cat, Mango, has left us. She was very old now, but with all the events of the last few months, we have neglected her a bit too much recently...



---------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the labour began I was almost relieved, I felt like I was going to explode if my body had waited just a bit longer. 



Hermes was probably more worried than I am, probably he is both concerned about me and the baby and scared to see what expects him in a couple of months...


Receptionist: Hey Luna, is it time?
Luna: Yes, it is.




And here is a new surprise: they were twins, that's why I was so huge during the last few months!
They both look a lot like Hermes, we called them Leo and Orion.

I'll have to have a chat with the ultrasound technician, to understand why they hadn't told me anything before. For sure that's not professional at all...


Meanwhile, Hermes's belly also grows and shines more and more, and having to both take care of the twins and carry around their little sibling he just looks exhausted. 


Luna: Let me check, may it never be they have missed a second twin also in your case...
Hermes: (worried) What?
Luna: Don't worry, it seems only one to me. And it's another boy!

Do you see how many useful things you learn while being a doctor, my dear diary?


We soon realised that looking after the twins was the hardest thing we had ever done, every night we collapsed in bed exhausted hoping to be able to sleep more than a couple of hours...

And we were also aware it wasn't over yet.


Hermes: Luna? I guess it's time!

Luna: Good evening Dr. White! Will you take care of my husband tonight?
Hermes: Luna, could you give me a hand instead of saying hello to your colleagues?



Thus was also born Aster, also a striking copy of Hermes.


Our family has undoubtedly grown much faster than could ever imagine, for us it will be a real challenge to be good parents to our three little boys...


----------------------------------------------------------

§HermioneSims§ corner:

The game is definitively trolling me, how I'm supposed to do now? 


When I saw yet another UFO abducting Hermes I didn't know already how to justify it in the story, but an abduction with pollination? I definitively had to reason quite a lot about it... And I also have to remember to use the satellite dish to stop alien abductions more often. 

Also, you can see three babies in the last screenshot, and they are all blue just like their dad. However, considering that in a couple of chapters they will turn into toddlers and then children of the same shade of blue and completely bald, it would be hard both for me and for you readers to distinguish among them.

So, in the next chapter, I'm taking the liberty to use a little cheat to change the skin colour of two of the babies, one of the twins will turn as green as Luna and the baby born by Hermes's pollination will turn in the same colour of the pollination technician listed as his mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment