Chapter 2.8: Three little aliens

 <-- Previous Chapter

From Luna's diary

Orion and Leo grew up fast, now they can walk and explore the house on their own. When they were born I was convinced they were the same shade of blue, but the more the days pass, the more Leo seems just as green as I am. I admit we are too tired to investigate it, so we decided to consider it as a mere optical effect caused by light. 

The twins are really lively, and just by keeping the pace with their meals, naps and diapers changes, we fill completely our days.


Leo: Mommy!


Orion is a very curious child, he enjoys playing with everything he can reach with his hands. Leo, on the other hand, is more cuddly and likes being hugged by us and being told stories.

Hermes loves to spend all the free time he has with children, once he even admitted that, if we could afford it, he would prefer to leave work to stay with them.





-----------------------------------------------------

For all this time Aster spent most of the time in his cradle, but the more the days pass, the more he wants to explore and play with his older brothers. In the blink of an eye, he also learned to stand and wander around the house with Orion and Leo.

Also Aster seems less blue than when he was born, this is curious... I start to suspect that there could be some medical explanation for it, but I don't think we should be worried about it anyway.

He looks a lot like Hermes, but the shape of his ears, the colour of his skin and eyes are a little different from anyone else among us. Technically, we know that his "mother", if we can define her that way, is the pollinator technician who gave her DNA for the operation of the pollinator spaceship, but, in the practice, I just see him as another of our children.

Aster definitively knows how to be loved by everyone, when he looks at us with those cute eyes we are just unable to tell him no. Are we spoiling him that way? Probably a bit, but it is impossible to do otherwise around him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the house is reaching alarming levels of messiness. The two furry cats are definitively not helping either, I would add.


The days are passing, and every day we arrive to the evening more exhausted than the previous one. To work while taking care of three such little children is not easy, all the contrary...




I don't even know where I find the energy for going to the hospital every morning, work shifts have never felt so long...


I tried to finish my duties as quickly as possible, only to collapse asleep on one of the hospital sofas. Probably the patients passing by didn't feel very reassured by the state of the doctors who were supposed to be taking care of them, but I just couldn't avoid it. 

And I wasn't the only one. Back home, I just had the time to open the front door before seeing Hermes on the ground, he had passed out from exhaustion.


At that point, it was clear to us both that we couldn't pretend to be able to handle it on our own anymore. Reluctantly, we ended up calling a babysitting service. 


Hey, but he's Tony, the same babysitter who sometimes took care of me and Milo when we were little! Is he immune from old age, or what?

To be honest, he seemed to be struggling with the kids as well. He never openly complained, but the following day the agency sent us two babysitters.


-----------------------------------------------------
In our very chaotic routine, we almost forgot that Hermes's birthday was approaching. Time flies, I can't deny it.


We only invited Milo, Noemi and Celine. My niece has grown a lot, she looks more and more like my brother, but she also has an enviable elegance distinguishing her from both her parents.





After the party, we let the babysitters take care of the children and we are finally sunk in bed. I'm too tired to write anything else, so goodnight, my dear diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment