Chapter 5.1: Matriculations

<-- Previous Chapter

From Venus's diary


Cassy: Wow, this bedroom is much bigger than the one we had at home, we have so much space!
Venus: True, it's so cool!

My sister and I recently moved here to the New Sixam University dormitory, we both study physics. We already know that we will have to study very hard to graduate, so we are already rolling up our sleeves and using every free minute to do homework and complete assignments.

The other guys in the dorm are a bit weird sometimes, often in the common areas we see the craziest dramas (why is that guy crying out of the blue for example?), but for now we can't say we know anything more than their names about them.


Among the scholarships I was given, there is also the athletics one. However, to maintain this scholarship I'll have to play in the soccer team of our university. I admit I didn't expect to be automatically included in the team just for a scholarship, but I think it's quite cool, actually. There are a lot of fun people who orbit around that group.



We train every night and play one game a week, I can’t afford to slack off!

---------------------------------------------------------

From Cassy's diary


While Venus was playing a friendly match as part of their training, I was focusing on the poster we'll need to present as an assignment for the classical mechanics class. I know my sister likes to play sports, but isn't three hours of training a day a bit too much? Also these assignments take a lot of time and energies, you know...

When I finished the draft of my presentation Venus was still not in sight, so I decided to venture a bit on my own around the campus to look for some places where to have dinner. I can also have fun when I'm alone, I don't need to be with my sister all the time, after all.

After walking around a bit I found a nice pub, so I decided to give it a go and order something.


I'm quite sure my sister knew that pub as well, because when I was midway through my meal I saw her slamming the door open, and then shouting:



Venus: For Foxbury, hip hip hurray!


Venus: Hey, hi, I didn't expect to see you here! You should have seen our training, crazy stuff!
Cassy: Um um, maybe next time...

Sometimes I really get the impression that Venus isn't taking this university thing seriously enough... But I also know her enough to know that she would never listen to me if I told her a thing like that.



----------------------------------------------------------

§HermioneSims§ corner

A short chapter which serves as an introduction to gen 5 ;)

I also have a little note on how I plan to play this part:
the university in TS4 takes a huge amount of time in comparison with the normal life span, in essence it covers most of the young adult life stage and this, to me, doesn't sound right at all. It would be like saying that someone who enrols in university at the age of 19 cannot graduate before the age of 35, it doesn't make sense! Thus, I need to make some adjustments...

I want to play for 4 semesters x 3 courses, to make a parallel with the 4 years of college in the US (which is the one the game seems to be taking as a reference). Then, I decided that I will stop the aging of the whole save after the end of the first semester (about one week) and I will resume it when Cassy and Venus are graduating. In this way, their age should still make sort of sense when they will be out of college, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment